From the Charter of the Palestinian Party (Hamas) Boycotting the Annapolis Middle East Peace Summit
- Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it.
- There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad. Initiatives, proposals and international conferences are all a waste of time and vain endeavors.
- After Palestine, the Zionists aspire to expand from the Nile to the Euphrates … Their plan is embodied in the 'Protocols of the Elders of Zion'.
From the Constitution of the Palestinian Party (Fatah) Attending the Annapolis Middle East Peace Summit
- Eradication of Zionist economic, political, military and cultural existence.
- Armed public revolution is the inevitable method to liberating Palestine.
- The Palestinian Arab People's armed revolution is a decisive factor in the liberation fight and in uprooting the Zionist existence, and this struggle will not cease unless the Zionist state is demolished.
From the Proclamation of Independence of the State of Israel
- Survivors of the Nazi holocaust in Europe, as well as Jews from other parts of the world, continued to migrate to Eretz-Israel, undaunted by difficulties, restrictions and dangers, and never ceased to assert their right to a life of dignity, freedom and honest toil in their national homeland.
- In the Second World War, the Jewish community of this country contributed its full share to the struggle of the freedom- and peace-loving nations against the forces of Nazi wickedness and, by the blood of its soldiers and its war effort, gained the right to be reckoned among the peoples who founded the United Nations.
- On the 29th November, 1947, the United Nations General Assembly passed a resolution calling for the establishment of a Jewish State … This right is the natural right of the Jewish people to be masters of their own fate, like all other nations, in their own sovereign State.
- The State of Israel … will foster the development of the country for the benefit of all its inhabitants; it will be based on freedom, justice and peace as envisaged by the prophets of Israel; it will ensure complete equality of social and political rights to all its inhabitants irrespective of religion, race or sex; it will guarantee freedom of religion, conscience, language, education and culture; it will safeguard the Holy Places of all religions; and it will be faithful to the principles of the Charter of the United Nations.
- We appeal - in the very midst of the onslaught launched against us now for months - to the Arab inhabitants of the State of Israel to preserve peace and participate in the upbuilding of the State on the basis of full and equal citizenship and due representation in all its provisional and permanent institutions.
- We extend our hand to all neighbouring states and their peoples in an offer of peace and good neighbourliness, and appeal to them to establish bonds of cooperation and mutual help with the sovereign Jewish people settled in its own land. The State of Israel is prepared to do its share in a common effort for the advancement of the entire Middle East.