Why Do I Keep Banging On About Veganism?
- Because if we define evil as that which causes suffering, then factory farming is, by far, the greatest evil in the world.
- Because factory farms are the perfect breeding ground for new viruses and pathogens, and the next zoonotic pandemic (they all are) may make COVID look like a dress rehearsal.
- Because animal agriculture, in its catastrophic effects on our planet and our health, is arguably the single biggest problem in the world…
- …And one with the simplest solution: we could end it overnight. Yet virtually everyone is ignoring the critical need to do this.
- And because every day we wait, 200 million baby animals are tortured to death, crying out for someone to come and save them – and no one’s coming.
And, for the record, I hate it. I abhor spouting off all the time, never mind trying to tell other people what to do. I just hate the animal holocaust more. And I can't be silent.